Several candidates who took the online typing test for clerk recruitment at the Bombay High Court protested in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar on Sunday. They claimed there were technical and server issues during the exam.
Abhijeet Deepke, the convenor of the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP), joined the protest. He said that many candidates were marked as unsuccessful even though they did nothing wrong. He called for the typing test to be held again, noting the technical problems candidates faced during the exam.
Candidates Allege System Failure During Typing Test
The candidates who were protesting said that the computer systems at the examination center failed during the test, with some stating that they had been logged out within ten minutes and others saying that their computers stopped responding.
“Students were logged out within 10 minutes and the system failed,” Deepke said while questioning the arrangements for conducting online examinations.
He further questioned why online examinations were being organised if the authorities were unable to ensure that the systems functioned properly, arguing that technical failures could adversely affect the future of candidates.
Bombay High Court Acknowledges Technical Issues
The Registrar (Personnel) of the Bombay High Court issued a statement saying that the typing examination for the post of Clerk (through an agency) was conducted smoothly overall. However, the court acknowledged that some technical difficulties were reported at certain examination centres, particularly in Aurangabad and Kalyan.
The court said that the technical issues related to the examination process are being investigated. Candidates will be informed about the appropriate further course of action after the matter is examined.
Candidates Report Problems With Computers
Several candidates alleged that their computers did not function properly during the examination. Some claimed that their computer screens suddenly turned yellow, while others said their keyboards stopped working.
The candidates said such problems disrupted their typing tests and affected their ability to complete the examination properly.
Abhijeet Deepke Meets Affected Candidates
After learning about the alleged technical problems, Abhijeet Deepke reached the examination centre located in the Surana Nagar area of Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar. He met candidates who said they had been affected by the system failures.
Deepke said he would remain with the candidates until their demands were addressed. He also said that if the candidates decided to stage a sit-in protest, he would support them.
Candidates Demand Re-Examination
The affected candidates are demanding that the typing test be conducted again to ensure that those impacted by technical problems are not disadvantaged.
The Bombay High Court has said that the reported technical issues are being examined and that candidates will be informed about further action. The outcome of the inquiry is expected to determine whether any corrective measures, including a possible re-examination for affected candidates, will be required.

